Monday, February 21, 2011

abadpoem




Oh vertigo, oh vertigo
Why won’t you go away?
You drop into town
And spin me ‘round
Most every single day
I’d stay away from solid food
As if that would stop your twirl
Sitting here and breathing air
I think I’m going to hurl
Lay in bed and take my meds
Nothing seems to work
I once was nice, just ask my wife
But now I act like such a jerk
Doctor checked me
Still wants to test me
MRI’s and EEG’s
Injection here
Some more pills there
Cure is worse than the disease
At drop of hat
My handle’s flown
This rollercoaster bumpy
It’s just a fact
Wish weren’t true
I’m too good at being grumpy
Oh nausea, sweet nausea
Why have you come to stay?
I’m on my knees
Please hear my pleas
You’re driving me insane
I choke and cough
Hot tea and broth
Nothing makes you leave
Every step I take
Every move I make
I hunch over and heave
No memory left of feeling good
No calm refresh-ed remains
Stiff muscled hands
Legs unbalanced stand
So tired of all these pains
Read affirmations positive
Transcendental meditation
Here comes another side effect
Try a different medication
Cry foul at this unjustly deal
Throw my flag down on this play
Yet it could be worse sometimes me thinks
I could be gone already
Suck it up dive right back in
Dirt rubbed on back in the game
Breathe in breathe out
Breathe in breathe out
Tomorrows another day

-me

/>

No comments:

Post a Comment